Friday, March 16, 2012

Polka Dot Gradient Nails.

I've been trying to decide on a design to submit to this nail art contest, and while I was contemplating my options I thought it would be fun to try and recreate one of the designs I did when I was first getting into nail art. I had a lot of fun with this particular design originally, I wore it to my graduation party this summer and submitted it for the Teen Vogue and CND nail art contest (which I ended up being a runner up in.)

Click here to see the original, and then here is my new attempt:





I changed the colors up a little bit but you can tell things are pretty similar. This time the gradient is Essie Mint Candy Apple, China Glaze Secret Peri-winkle, and OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender with Konad's Special White polish for the dots. The design is from Konad M60.

I didn't end up perfecting this as much as I had hoped but I still think it is cute.

2 comments:

  1. I tried similar look yesterday. It's not quite as precise but I'm happy with how it turned out - http://meganjoy.ca/?p=1129

    Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. sns nails

    ReplyDelete