Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Queen of Hearts Nails.


Today's manicure was inspired by the Queen of Hearts from Disney's Alice in Wonderland. I did these nails for the Temptalia Disney Villains nail art challenge.

I wanted my nails to be an homage to the Queen of Hearts, but still be a bit subtle. I started with looking at images of the queen.




After a little contemplation, I decided the elements I wanted to capture in my manicure were her crown, the red roses, and the queen of hearts card.

The polishes I used were Wet n Wild Black Creme, OPI Don't Mess With OPI, Sally Hansen Whirlwind White, Julep January, American Apparel Port, and LA Colors Wave Length. I did the roses using acrylic paint.

I played around with ways to do roses for this manicure and ended up going with something a little different than my typical rose manicure. I really like how they turned out.




1 comment:

  1. Love this!! LOL Last week I was scoping out a bunch of Disney related stuff because I'm planning a vacation to Disneyland, and I was inspired to do some Queen of Hearts inspired nail art on my practice wheels, and since then you're the second blog I've come across in the past week that also did some Queen of Hearts nail art too! Must be something in the air! <3

    ReplyDelete